Due to its unfavorable topographical location, Lüdenscheid was not connected to the railroad network until 1880, thus establishing a link to the Volmetalbahn. A whole train is in the history museum of Lüdenscheid: the museum train "Schnurre". It consists of a tender locomotive from the Jung company (built in 1930, maximum speed 30 km/h, tractive effort 5,100 kg), passenger car no. 7 with 12 seats (1905), flat car no. 812 (1928) and freight car no. 335 (1916).