In the year of the colliery's closure in 1892, the building contractor Wilhelm Dünkelberg acquired the present museum site. In place of the colliery buildings around Hercules shaft, a double ring kiln was built between 1897 and 1899, in which up to eleven million bricks were fired annually until 1963.

Wir binden die Videos der Plattform “YouTube” des Anbieters Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, ein. Datenschutzerklärung:, Opt-Out: